Carrie Johnson, RYT-200, is an international blogger + explorer, mala designer + yoga teacher who is known for her thoughtful exploration of mindfulness, culture and physicality.
For over 10 years, Carrie had a successful career in biology and she co-authored six peer-reviewed scientific publications. Now, Carrie infuses her yoga classes with sound, scientific principles as well as experimentation in each yoga sequence she creates for her students.
Where to Find Carrie
- Weekly Classes and Events – Carrie’s weekly classes in Burien, WA
- Nourish Yoga Retreats – Carrie Co-founded this amazing yoga company along with Teanna Gentry and Jennifer Hepton.
- SpiritBear Yoga Studio – Carrie’s Personal Studio in Burien.
- LBJ Adventures, LLC – Carrie’s Yoga & Adventure Retreat Company, co-founded with her husband Stephen Lillie.
- Creating Clarity – Unique Mala Beads designed and created by Carrie
- University of Washington, 2004
- B.S. Biology
- B.A. Anthropology
Notable Yoga Trainings
- Leah Adams & Ara Cusack, 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Seattle, WA, June 2017.
- Seane Corn, Vishudda Yoga Workshop, NWYC, Mar 2017
- Eoin Finn, Sustainable Backbends Workshop, NWYC, Mar 2017
- Seane Corn, Radical Healing Workshop, NWYC, Mar 2017
- Ana Forrest, Building the Warrior Heart Workshop, Seattle, WA, Fall 2016
- Baron Baptiste, 97hr Baptiste Level One Training, Sedona, AZ, Feb 2016
- Bryan Kest, Power Yoga Master Class, Seattle, WA, Oct 2015
- Lisa Black, 200hr Shakti Vinyasa Teacher Training, Seattle, WA, Fall 2015