What have you done today to care of your physical and mental health?
- Do you neglect yourself for days on end?
- When is the last time you exercised?
- When was your last social event that did not involve work colleagues?
- Do you have a journal that has been buried beneath a behemoth pile of dirty clothes?
- Does your back hurt?
- Are you so busy, you aren’t sure if you are still breathing?
I have been in a place where the answer to all of these questions was ‘yes’ or ‘I don’t remember’. How do we reverse this? How do we make time in our daily life to care for ourselves and still complete our obligations to our family and our society?
Self-care is vital to our emotional and physical health.
Today, I challenge you to do the following: find a quiet place to sit. Set a timer for 5 minutes, close your eyes and breath. Intentionally breath. Feel the expansion and contraction of your ribcage with each breath. Count your inhale and count your exhale. Feel your spine grow taller with every breath. Relax your entire body.
Now how do you feel?
Join me in November for Nourish. A three day event designed to give you the tools you need to take of yourself.